NIBA – The Belting Association honors the memory of past officers, directors, and committee members for their strong dedication to the NIBA organization, with eight (8) $2,000 scholarships for employees and children of employees of NIBA Distributor/Fabricator and Manufacturer member companies who make a difference in their communities, their churches, and their schools, through service.
Applications for 2018 will be available in December.
- Applicant must be an employee, or the child of an employee, in an active NIBA company.
- Distributor/fabricators, conveyor belting manufacturers, and conveyor component manufacturer's employees and their children are all eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be planning to attend and use the scholarship for a two-year or more, accredited college, university, or technical school.
- Applicant must be a high school senior (or have GED equivalent), or a college student.
- Applicant may not be the child of a current Officer or Board Member of NIBA.
20% - Community/school service history
20% - Personal history of leadership in family/school/work
60% - Essay
- Community/school activity history
- Personal leadership history
- One page essay on one of these topics:
- How will this scholarship impact your future?
- What are the most important issues your field is facing today?
- How has your family background affected your choice of study?
Eligible Community and School Service
- While we encourage active participation in sports, band, choir, and religious groups, the time spent in these are not eligible unless if they are doing some type of active outreach in the community, such as benefit concert, car wash for charity, Vacation Bible Schools, etc. The applicant shall only state the hours spent with these affiliations for actual outreach; do not include general hours.
- Service must have been performed in past 3 years.
Frequently Asked Questions