Each year, NIBA – The Belting Association honors all of the past Presidents of NIBA, for their dedication to NIBA and all Distributor/Fabricator and Manufacturer members. This scholarship provides five (5) $4,000 scholarships for children with a parent employed by a NIBA Distributor/Fabricator or Manufacturer company, and who will be or are attending a two-year or more accredited college, university or technical school.
Applications for 2018 will be available in December and due May 1, 2018.
Criteria of Candidate Eligibility
- Must be a child of an employee of an active NIBA Distributor/Fabricator or Manufacturer Member company.
- Must attend a two-year or more accredited college, university or technical school.
- Applicant must be a high school senior (or have GED equivalent), or a college student.
- Must not be a child of a presiding Officer or Board Member of NIBA.
30% = Academic Achievement (15 GPA, 15 SAT/ACT score)
15% = Leadership
15% = Community Service/Activities
40% = Essay
- Academic Achievement
- Leadership Roles
- Community Service/Activities
- One page essay on one of these topics:
- Choose a book or books that have affected you deeply and explain why
- If you had the authority to change your school in a positive way, what specific changes would you make?
- What do you see as the greatest threat to the environment today?
Eligible Community and School Service
- While we encourage active participation in sports, band, choir, and religious groups, the time spent in these are not eligible unless if they are doing some type of active outreach in the community, such as benefit concert, car wash for charity, Vacation Bible Schools, etc. The applicant shall only state the hours spent with these affiliations for actual outreach; do not include general hours.
- Service must have been performed in past 3 years.
Frequently Asked Questions