Each year, NIBA – The Belting Association honors all of the past Presidents of NIBA, for their dedication to NIBA and all Distributor/Fabricator and Manufacturer members. This scholarship provides four (4) $4,000 scholarships for children with a parent employed by a NIBA Distributor/Fabricator or Manufacturer company, and who will be or are attending a two-year or more accredited college, university or technical school.
Deadline for applications was May 1, 2018
Criteria of Candidate Eligibility
- Must be a child of an employee of an active NIBA Distributor/Fabricator or Manufacturer Member company.
- Must attend a two-year or more accredited college, university or technical school.
- Applicant must be a high school senior (or have GED equivalent), or a college student.
- Must not be a child of a presiding Officer or Board Member of NIBA.
30% = Academic Achievement (15 GPA, 15 SAT/ACT score)
15% = Leadership
15% = Community Service/Activities
40% = Essay
- Academic Achievement
- Leadership Roles
- Community Service/Activities
- One page essay on one of these topics
Eligible Community and School Service
- While we encourage active participation in sports, band, choir, and religious groups, the time spent in these are not eligible unless if they are doing some type of active outreach in the community, such as benefit concert, car wash for charity, Vacation Bible Schools, etc. The applicant shall only state the hours spent with these affiliations for actual outreach; do not include general hours.
- Service must have been performed in past 3 years.
Frequently Asked Questions